About The BioArte Laboratory
BioArte Ltd, based at the Life Science Park in San Gwann (Malta), is developing diagnostic procedures for various conditions based on genomic and proteomic approaches. The company has invested in state-of-the-art equipment and laboratories in 2020.
We are the first group in Malta able to provide a molecular characterisation service of the human microbiota of various body sites (skin, vagina, nasopharynx, intestine) through an innovative and easy-to-interpret method of analysis.
Our mission is to provide state-of-the-art diagnostic tools in Malta for any clinic, doctor, or hospital and deliver results in the shortest possible time.
Vacancy: Biologist / Lab technician
We are looking for Biologists / Lab technicians to support our Medical Laboratory activities.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Follow, develop and implement advanced lab procedures in the field of immunology (biochemistry, immunology, virology) and genetics (including sequencing).
- DNA/RNA extraction with manual kits and/or robotic equipment such as King Fisher.
- Support in the management of patient registration forms in LIMS software.
- Support in the handling of biological samples in a BLS2 environment.
- Acquire, install/validate and train on instrumentation and software required to support molecular diagnostics and NGS test development.
- Undertake training for Nanopore and Illumina sequencing equipment.
- Writing and updating relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Follow established SOPs for preventive maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Follow quality management system protocols for documentation and record-keeping, including but not limited to validation/verification and test reports, inventory management, safety data sheets (SDS), and certificates of analysis (COA).
- Preparation of weekly reports for the laboratory director or head.
- Follow the quality management system protocols of documentation and registration and the company’s data management policy.
- Support the company’s quality system under the guidance of the quality manager.
- Follow ISO and GLP standards.
- Degree in Biology or related disciplines duly registered in Malta.
- Permission to work in the European Union and Malta.
- Full knowledge of the English language.
- Verification by the National Commission for Further & Higher Education; that the provider is recognized and verified.
- MQF/EQF level rating of at least 6.
- Evidence (supervised) that the candidate has been exposed to the practical aspect of the following subjects:
- Imuunology (ELISA assays)
- Genetics (PCR, Real time PCR, NGS is a plus)
- Microbiology (cell growth)