About The BioArte Laboratory
BioArte Ltd, based at the Life Science Park in San Gwann (Malta), is developing diagnostic procedures for various conditions based on genomic and proteomic approaches. The company has invested in state-of-the-art equipment and laboratories in 2020.
We are the first group in Malta able to provide a molecular characterisation service of the human microbiota of various body sites (skin, vagina, nasopharynx, intestine) through an innovative and easy-to-interpret method of analysis.
Our mission is to provide state-of-the-art diagnostic tools in Malta for any clinic, doctor, or hospital and deliver results in the shortest possible time.
Vacancy: Medical Laboratory Scientist
We are looking for Medical Laboratory Scientist who is qualified to obtain a professional licence in Malta.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Follow, develop and implement advanced diagnostic procedures in the field of immunology
(biochemistry, immunology, virology) and genetics (including sequencing).
- DNA/RNA extraction with manual kits and/or robotic equipment such as King Fisher.
- Management of patient registration forms in LIMS software.
- Handling of biological samples in a BLS2 environment.
- Acquire, install/validate and train on instrumentation and software required to support
molecular diagnostics and NGS test development.
- Undertake training for Nanopore and Illumina sequencing equipment.
- Writing and updating relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Follow established SOPs for preventive maintenance and calibration of laboratory
equipment and facilities.
- Follow quality management system protocols for documentation and record-keeping, including but not limited to validation/verification and test reports, inventory management, safety data sheets (SDS), and certificates of analysis (COA).
- Preparation of weekly reports for the laboratory director or head.
- Follow the quality management system protocols of documentation and registration and the company’s data management policy.
- Support the company’s quality system under the guidance of the quality manager
- Follow ISO and GLP standards.
- Medical laboratory scientist licence valid in Malta.
- Permission to work in the European Union and Malta.
- Full knowledge of the English language.
- Qualification level (in case the candidate will not have a Biomedical Science degree obtained at the University of Malta).
- The number of credits in the course programme should be equivalent to that of the University of Malta(240) as approved by the Council of Complementary Professions to Medicine (CPCM).
- Verification by the National Commission for Further & Higher Education; that the provider
is recognised and verified.
- MQF/EQF level rating of at least 6.
- Evidence (supervised) that the candidate has been exposed to the practical aspect of the following subjects and the number of hours for each (or part thereof):
- Haematology, haemostasis/coagulation and flow cytometry 60 hours
- Clinical chemistry 40 hours
- Immunology 40 hours
- Blood transfusion 40 hours
- Histopathology 80 hours
- Microbiology 80 hours
- All professionals wishing to apply are required to submit a Secure English Language Test (SELT) certificate, according to the table below, which indicates the minimum required standards accepted.
*TOEFL Internet-Based (iBT): A writing score of at least 24 is required.
**IELTS Academic is required with a minimum of 6.0 in all elements.
***Cambridge Certificates: A grade of C or better is required.
****Occupational English Test (OET): A grade of B or better is required in all components.
All certificates submitted must be less than one year old on the date of application.
- Variable according to qualifications and experience between 22,000 and 30,000 Euros per annum.